Wednesday 18 March 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 18, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Right Round by Flo Rida.
Love N' Dancing, directed by Robert Iscove, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Diplomatic Immunity.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Aqua Moto Racing or Boku no Natsuyasumi 4.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 March 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 March 2009!
Which were the important events of 18 March 2009 ?
- Saint Edward (d.978)
- Aruba - Flag Day (1976)
- Ancient Latvia - Bindus Diena
- Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (d.386)
- Saint Alexander of Jerusalem
- United States - National Biodiesel Day
- Saint Anselm
- Saint Salvator
- Saint Narcissus
- Mexico - Expropiaci=n Petreolera
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 March
- The US Federal Reserve, for the first time since the 1960s, announces it will buy up to US$300 billion of government Treasury bonds. The Federal Reserve also announces it will expand an existing program to buy debt and securities to US$1.45 trillion.
- China's Ministry of Commerce rejects Coca-Cola's bid to acquire the Huiyuan Juice Group. (Xinhua News)
- Josef Fritzl of Austria changes his plea to guilty on all charges. (BBC)
- The Office for National Statistics reports that 2.04 million people in the United Kingdom are unemployed. (Sky News)
- Pope Benedict XVI denounces the use of condoms to prevent HIV/AIDS during a tour of Africa. (RTÉ)
- Twelve people are discovered dead in police custody in Nampula Province, Mozambique. (BBC)
- Madagascar's constitutional court supports the installation of Andry Rajoelina as President. (BBC)
- Governor Bill Richardson signs House Bill 285, repealing capital punishment in New Mexico. (ABQ Journal)
- Federal Reserve System Chairman Ben Bernanke caps United States Treasury Department yields. (Bloomberg)
- Somali pirates hijack an Iranian fishing vessel in the Gulf of Aden. (Horseed)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Blame It - Jamie Foxx Featuring T-Pain
- Turnin Me On - Keri Hilson Featuring Lil Wayne
- Rockin' That Thang - The-Dream
- Diva - Beyonce
- Ne-Yo - Mad
- Beep - Bobby V Featuring Yung Joc
- You Complete Me - Keyshia Cole
- Kiss Me Thru The Phone - Soulja Boy Tell 'em Featuring Sammie
- Dead And Gone - T.I. Featuring Justin Timberlake
- Ain't I - Yung L.A. Featuring Young Dro & T.I.
Top #10 Latin songs
- Me Estas Tentando - Wisin & Yandel Featuring Nesty
- Te Presumo - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Espero - Grupo Montez de Durango
- El Ultimo Beso - Vicente Fernandez
- No Me Doy Por Vencido - Luis Fonsi
- Por Un Segundo - Aventura
- Tu No Eres Para Mi - Fanny Lu
- Cinco Minutos - Gloria Trevi
- Te Regalo Amores - RKM & Ken-Y
- Aqui Estoy Yo - Luis Fonsi
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $46.10
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $39.81
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $41.49
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $29.35
- 1 CAD = 5.4862 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9138 CHF
- 1 AUD = 4.6556 CNY
- 1 AUD = 0.773 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?