Sunday May 12, 1991
US date format: 5/12/1991, UK date format: 12/5/1991
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 12, 1991). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir John Major (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Bradford N Smith .
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Joyride by Roxette.
In UK The Shoop Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss) by Cher was in the top 5 hits.
Thelma & Louise, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1991
while Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Seuss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching All Good Things.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Double Axle or The Brainies.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 12, 1991?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- See more
- Hollis Stacy wins LPGA Crestar-Fresh Farm Golf Classic.
- A new cancer drug is announced, which can only be found in bark of a rare tree in the Pacific Northwest.
- Nepal holds its first multiparty legislative election since 1959.
- Bradford N Smith: American actor.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 12, 1991?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Phil Perry - Call Me
- Teddy Pendergrass - It Should've Been You
- Christopher Williams - I'm Dreamin' (From "New Jack City")
- Pebbles (With Salt-N-Pepa) - Backyard
- B Angie B - I Don't Want To Lose Your Love
- Keith Washington - Kissing You
- C+C Music Factory - Here We Go
- Keith Sweat - Your Love - Part 2
- Bell Biv DeVoe - She's Dope!
- Color Me Badd - I Wanna Sex You Up (From "New Jack City")
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next May 12If May 12, 1991 is your birthday you're 29 years, 4 months, 12 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 7 months, 18 days.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?