Friday May 24, 1991
US date format: 5/24/1991, UK date format: 24/5/1991
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on May 24, 1991). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir John Major (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Lou Lesage and Tanner Howe.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to I Don't Wanna Cry by Mariah Carey.
In UK The Shoop Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss) by Cher was in the top 5 hits.
City Slickers, directed by Ron Underwood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1991
while In Our Defense by Ellen Alderman and Caroline Kennedy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching All Good Things.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lemmings or A320 Airbus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 24, 1991?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- See more
- Israel conducts Operation Solomon, evacuating Ethiopian Jews to Israel.
- Eritrea gains its independence from Ethiopia.
- Miriam di San Servolo: Italian actress (Born 1912).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 24, 1991?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mariah Carey - I Don't Wanna Cry
- Cathy Dennis - Touch Me (All Night Long)
- Extreme - More Than Words
- Hi-Five - I Like The Way (The Kissing Game)
- Rod Stewart - Rhythm Of My Heart
- diVINYLS - I Touch Myself
- C & C Music Factory - Here We Go
- Color Me Badd - I Wanna Sex You Up
- Michael Bolton - Love Is A Wonderful Thing
- Queensryche - Silent Lucidity
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Keith Washington - Kissing You
- Color Me Badd - I Wanna Sex You Up (From "New Jack City")
- B Angie B - I Don't Want To Lose Your Love
- Keith Sweat - Your Love - Part 2
- Another Bad Creation - Playground
- Phil Perry - Call Me
- Mariah Carey - I Don't Wanna Cry
- Luther Vandross - Power Of Love/Love Power
- Teddy Pendergrass - It Should've Been You
- En Vogue - Don't Go
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next May 24If May 24, 1991 is your birthday you're 29 years, 4 months, 6 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 7 months, 24 days.
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1991?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on May 24, 1991?
On May 24, 1991 the day of the week was Friday.
What zodiac sign is May 24, 1991?
On May 24, 1991 the zodiac sign was Gemini.
Who was the US President on May 24, 1991?
On May 24, 1991 the US President was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on May 24, 1991?
On May 24, 1991 the UK Prime Minister was Sir John Major (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on May 24, 1991?
On May 24, 1991 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on May 24, 1991?
On May 24, 1991 several famous people were born including, Lou Lesage, Tanner Howe, Aled Davies.
Which famous people died on May 24, 1991?
Famous people died on May 24, 1991 include, Miriam di San Servolo.
What was the number one song in May 24, 1991?
The number one song in the week of May 24, 1991 was I Don't Wanna Cry by Mariah Carey in US and The Shoop Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss) by Cher in UK.
What were the top hits on May 24, 1991?
The top hits on May 24, 1991 were I Don't Wanna Cry by Mariah Carey, Touch Me (All Night Long) by Cathy Dennis, More Than Words by Extreme in US and The Shoop Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss) by Cher, Last Train To Trancentral by The KLF featuring The Children Of The Revolution, Sailing On The Seven Seas by Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark in UK.