Saturday 12 October 1901
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 12, 1901). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gabriel-Marie Garrone and Salvador Dali.
Pan-American Exposition by Night, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 October 1901
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1901!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1901 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- Gabriel-Marie Garrone: French Cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church and a Prefect of the Congregation for Catholic Education.
- Salvador Dali: Spanish infant mortality, died at one year nine months, 8/01/1903, 5:00 PM from an infectious gastro-enteric catarrh according to the death certificate.
- Enrico Falqui: Italy Writer.
- President Theodore Roosevelt officially renames the ''Executive Mansion'' to the White House.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1901 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I've a Longing in My Heart for You, Louise - Harry Macdonough
- The Invincible Eagle March - Sousa's Band
- Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder - Harry Macdonough