Sunday 12 October 1919
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 12, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Françoise Parturier and Andre Casanova.
The Sentimental Bloke, directed by Raymond Longford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 October 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1919!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1919 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- Françoise Parturier: French writer and journalist.
- Art Blakey: Musician.
- Andre Casanova: Composer.
- de SAUVEB0EUF Guy Ferrieres: Tours Military man.
- Doris Miller: War Hero.
- Gilles Beaudoin: Canadian politician 34th Mayor of Trois-Rivières (d. 2007).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Uncle Josh and Aunt Nancy Put Up the Kitchen Stove - Cal Stewart & Ada Jones
- Take Your Girlie to the Movies (If You Can't Make Love At Home) - Irving Kaufman