Wednesday 2 October 1901
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Queen of Montparnasse and Sydney George Old.
Pan-American Exposition by Night, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 2 October 1901
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 2 October 1901. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1901!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1901 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Queen of Montparnasse
- Sydney George Old
- Kiki de Montparnasse: French artist's model, nightclub singer, actress, memoirist, and painter.
- [Ignatius] Roy [D] Campbell: South African poet (Flowering Rifle).
- Alice Prin: French singer actress and painter (d. 1953).
- 1st Royal Naval submarine launched at Barrow