Monday 12 October 1925
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William Steinkraus and Fons Jansen.
Little Annie Rooney, directed by William Beaudine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while The Keeper of the Bees by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1925!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1925 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- William Steinkraus: Equestrian (1952, 56, 60, 64, 68, 72 Olympics - Gold / 2 Silver / Bronze Medals).
- Fons Jansen: News reader / Dutch cabaretier (court jester of beliefs).
- Guitar Gabriel Robert Lewis Jones: Singer / guitarist.
- Andrée Mallah: French noted family member, the mother of former President of France Nicolas Sarkozy.
- Bill Steinkraus: American equestrian and Olympian; four times the winner of a Gold Medal in equestrian events since 1976, including a Gold Medal show jumper in Mexico 1968.
- Denis Lazure: Canadian psychiatrist and politician (d. 2008).
- Essie Washington-Williams: American author and educator (d. 2013).
- Albert Michelsen runs world record marathon (2:19:01.8)
- German-Russian trade agreement signed
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'm Tired of Everything but You - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Sugar Foot Stomp - Fletcher Henderson & His Orchestra
- Ida I Do - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?