Tuesday 13 October 1925
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Margaret Thatcher and Lenny Bruce.
Little Annie Rooney, directed by William Beaudine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while The Little French Girl by Anne Douglas Sedgwick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 13 October 1925 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Margaret Thatcher: British politician who became the first female Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, and was one of the most powerful women in the world in the latter part of the 20th century.
- Lenny Bruce: American satirical nightclub comedian, known for biting and controversial subject matter, who changed the landscape of standup comedy and cleared the way for Richard Pryor, George Carlin and others.
- Frank D Gilroy: American writer (Subject Was Roses).
- Lenny Bruce [Leonard Schneider]: Comedian, arrested on obsenity.
- Armand Mouyal
- Gustav Winckler: Danish singer-songwriter (d. 1979).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'm Tired of Everything but You - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Ida I Do - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Sugar Foot Stomp - Fletcher Henderson & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?