Tuesday 13 October 1925
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Margaret Thatcher and Lenny Bruce.
The Vanishing American, directed by George B. Seitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 13 October 1925
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1925!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1925 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Margaret Thatcher: British politician who became the first female Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, and was one of the most powerful women in the world in the latter part of the 20th century.
- Lenny Bruce: American satirical nightclub comedian, known for biting and controversial subject matter, who changed the landscape of standup comedy and cleared the way for Richard Pryor, George Carlin and others.
- Frank D Gilroy: American writer (Subject Was Roses).
- Lenny Bruce [Leonard Schneider]: Comedian, arrested on obsenity.
- Armand Mouyal
- Gustav Winckler: Danish singer-songwriter (d. 1979).