Friday 2 October 1925
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include José Cardoso Pires and Ernesto Montgomery.
Little Annie Rooney, directed by William Beaudine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 October 1925
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1925!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1925 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- José Cardoso Pires
- Ernesto Montgomery: Jamaican clairvoyant, faith healer, advisor and minister who was assigned by British Intelligence, at the age of 16, to work on the invasion of Normandy as a psychic spy, as reported by Clifford Linedecker in the 1976 book "Psychic Spy.
- Clay Felker: American magazine editor and journalist who founded New York Magazine in 1968.
- José Pires: Portuguese writer, his works have been translated into more than 15 languages.
- Alois Pinos: Composer.
- Wren Blair: Canadian ice hockey player coach and manager (d. 2013).
- Brian Dilton: British lord justice of appeal.
- Philippe Malaud: French diplomat and politician.
- John Logie Baird performs the first test of a working television system.
- London's first enclosed double-decker buses are introduced.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1925 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Miss My Swiss (My Swiss Miss Misses Me) - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
- Are You Sorry? - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra