Thursday 13 December 1951
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Lindsay and Patrick Jarreau.
On Dangerous Ground, directed by Nicholas Ray, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The President'S Lady by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dragnet.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1951!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 13 December 1951 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Robert Lindsay: Ilketson, England -- Actor (Strike it Rich, King Lear).
- Patrick Jarreau: French journalist, who has served as editor of Le Monde, editor of the political department of 'd'i-Télé,' and head of the newsroom at Le Monde (print and website editions).
- Selim Palmgren: Finnish pianist/composer (Daniel Hjort), dies at age 73.
- Future British Prime Minister Margaret Roberts Thatcher marries Denis Thatcher.
- A water storage tank collapses in Tucumcari, New Mexico, resulting in 4 deaths, and 200 buildings destroyed.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?