Sunday 14 April 1963
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cynthia Cooper and Meg Mallon in Natick.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to He's So Fine by The Chiffons.
In UK How Do You Do It? by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
Bye Bye Birdie, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Meine Frau Susanne.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1963!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1963 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Cynthia Cooper: WNBA guard (Houston Comets / Olympics - Gold - 1988).
- Meg Mallon in Natick: Massachusetts, USA; LPGA golfer (1991 US Women's Open).
- David Chambre: French mountain climber and author of numerous books, including "Le huitième degré" ("The eighth degree"), and also a contributor to the magazine Grimper ("Climbing").
- Kalle Vellevoog: Estonian architect.
- Mahapandit Rahul Sankrityayan: Indian historian, (Born 1893).
- George Harrison is impressed by unsigned group Rolling Stones
- The Institute of Mental Health (Belgrade) is established.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 April 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Chiffons - He's So Fine
- Andy Williams - Can't Get Used To Losing You
- The Orlons - South Street
- Skeeter Davis - The End Of The World
- Jackie Wilson - Baby Workout
- Ruby and the Romantics - Our Day Will Come
- Little Peggy March - I Will Follow Him
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Puff (The Magic Dragon)
- Paul & Paula - Young Lovers
- Dee Dee Sharp - Do The Bird
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?