Wednesday April 14, 2004
US date format: 4/14/2004, UK date format: 14/4/2004
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see zodiac on April 14, 2004). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Yeah! by Usher.
In UK Yeah! by Usher featuring Lil' Jon & Ludacris was in the top 5 hits.
Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius, directed by Rowdy Herrington, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2004
while Bad Business by Robert B. Parker was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Shorties Watchin' Shorties.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beyond Divinity or Nicktoons Movin'.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 14, 2004?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- See more
- 2004 South African legislative election: The African National Congress (ANC) of President Thabo Mbeki, which has been in power since the end of the apartheid system in 1994, is re-elected with an increased majority. (CNN)
- U.S. presidential election : An advertisement for John Kerry placed in a newspaper in Gulfport, Florida by a local Democratic Party club gets negative national publicity, as it suggests shooting United States Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld. The ad was placed by the Saint Petersburg Democratic Club of Florida, and has been condemned by both Republicans and Democrats, including Kerry's campaign. (Washington Times) (CNN)
- Palestinian Cabinet Minister Saeb Erekat rejects statements by President of the United States George W. Bush stating that Israel would be allowed to keep some West Bank Israeli population centers. (NYT)
- United States President George W. Bush endorses Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's proposed withdrawal from the Gaza Strip and states that Palestinian refugees should return to a new Palestinian state, not to Israel. Bush says it is unrealistic to expect "full and complete return to the armistice lines of 1949." (NYT)
- See more
French Canadian television producer...
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 14, 2004?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #5 R&B songs
Top #5 Latin songs
- Victor Manuelle - Tengo Ganas
- Paulina Rubio - Te Quise Tanto
- Marco Antonio Solis - Mas Que Tu Amigo
- Chayanne - Cuidarte El Alma
- Alex Ubago - Aunque No Te Pueda Ver
Sport Games on April 14, 2004
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Betis - Barcelona : 1 - 1
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Livingston - Rangers : 1 - 1
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Nacional - Porto : 0 - 0
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
What news were making the headlines those days in April 2004?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $42.58
- Apple AAPL: opens at $26.74
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $25.40
- General Electric GE: opens at $30.65
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $92.10
- 1 USD = 108.62 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.3454 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.2976 CHF
- 1 EUR = 130.15 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.6676 GBP
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on April 14, 2004?
On April 14, 2004 the day of the week was Wednesday.
What zodiac sign is April 14, 2004?
On April 14, 2004 the zodiac sign was Aries.
Who was the US President on April 14, 2004?
On April 14, 2004 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on April 14, 2004?
On April 14, 2004 the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Who was the Pope on April 14, 2004?
On April 14, 2004 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people died on April 14, 2004?
Famous people died on April 14, 2004 include, Micheline Charest.
What was the number one song in April 14, 2004?
The number one song in the week of April 14, 2004 was Yeah! by Usher in US and Yeah! by Usher featuring Lil' Jon & Ludacris in UK.
What were the top hits on April 14, 2004?
The top hits on April 14, 2004 were Yeah! by Usher, Tipsy by J-Kwon, I Don't Wanna Know by Mario Winans in US and Yeah! by Usher featuring Lil' Jon & Ludacris, 5 Colours In Her Hair by McFly, Left Outside Alone by Anastacia in UK.