Thursday 14 April 2011
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 14, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to E.T. by Katy Perry.
Thor, directed by Kenneth Branagh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Sweet Valley Confidential by Francine Pascal was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Babysitter's a Vampire.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked or The Baconing.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 April 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 2011!
Which were the important events of 14 April 2011 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 April
- Walter Breuning: American supercentenarian (Born 1896).
- Ugandan opposition leader Kizza Besigye is shot and injured during a protest against rising food and oil prices in the capital Kampala tear gas is also fired by police to disperse protesters. (Capital FM Kenya)
- A pro-Palestinian activist Vittorio Arrigoni is kidnapped in the Gaza Strip by an Islamic Salafite group with threats to execute him within hours. (Antara)
- Barack Obama, the President of the United States, David Cameron, the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and Nicolas Sarkozy, the President of France publish an op-ed in the ''International Herald Tribune'' outlining their strategy on the 2011 Libyan civil war. (''New York Times'')
- Encyclopedia Dramatica shuts down and is replaced by ampquotoh internetampquot, provoking protests by 4chan members and former readers of the site. (Geekosystem)
- Ford Australia announces plans to cut 240 jobs and cut production in its plants at Geelong and Broadmeadows due to falling demand for larger vehicles. (''The Australian'')
- Japanese police search for the bodies of victims of the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami near the Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant for the first time due to declining radiation levels. (AP)
- Two people are killed, one missing and four people critically injured after a tornado hits Atoka County in the US state of Oklahoma. (AP via MSNBC)
- North Korea confirms that it has detained a United States citizen Jun Young Su and is preparing to charge him with ampquotcommitting a crimeampquot against the country. (BBC)
- Leaders of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa attend a BRICS summit in Sanya in China's Hainan Province. (Xinhua)
- NATO foreign ministers meet in Berlin, Germany, to discuss issues including Libya. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- Réjean Hinse, a Quebec man wrongly convicted of a crime in the 1960s before being acquitted by the Supreme Court of Canada 30 years later receives a record $13.1 million in compensation. (CBC)
- Chinese police hunt for a man believed to have killed ten people in Anshan City. (Xinhua via CRI)
- Five months after his expulsion from the Shas party, Israeli rabbi Chaim Amsellem forms the Whole Nation party, and announces plans to run for the 19th Knesset on a secular-religious unity platform. (Ynetnews)
- Syrian President Bashar al-Assad forms a new government with Adel Safar confirmed as new Prime Minister, and orders the release of protesters detained over past couple of weeks. (Al Jazeera)
- British Business Secretary Vince Cable criticises Prime Minister David Cameron as ampquotvery unwiseampquot for making a speech on immigration in which he spoke of reducing the number of immigrants into the UK from hundreds of thousands to tens of thousands. He said the comments ampquotrisked inflaming extremismampquot, although Cameron dismissed these concerns. (BBC)
- India and Pakistan resume sporting relations, frozen since the 2008 Mumbai attacks. (Al Jazeera)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 14 April 2011
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Mansfield - Bath City : 2 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- All Of The Lights - Kanye West
- Moment 4 Life - Nicki Minaj Featuring Drake
- 6 Foot 7 Foot - Lil Wayne Featuring Cory Gunz
- Did It On'em - Nicki Minaj
- Love Faces - Trey Songz
- Down On Me - Jeremih Featuring 50 Cent
- Roll Up - Wiz Khalifa
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- Where You At - Jennifer Hudson
Top #10 Latin songs
- Lluvia Al Corazon - Mana
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Llueve El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- El Padrino - Joan Sebastian
- Violento - Gracias A Dios
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- El Culpable - Espinoza Paz
Top #10 Rock songs
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- The Cave - Mumford & Sons
- Help Is On The Way - Rise Against
- Cage The Elephant - Shake Me Down
- Country Song - Seether
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom) - Shinedown
- The Black Keys - Howlin' For You
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $41.13
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $96.02
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $83.73
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $40.50
- 1 CHF = 7.3182 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.7985 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9289 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.887 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?