Thursday 14 April 1977
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sarah Michelle Gellar and Rob McElhenney.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Don't Give Up On Us by David Soul.
In UK Knowing Me, Knowing You by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
Annie Hall, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The David Kopay Story by David Kopay and Perry Deane Young was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching All That Glitters.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Circus or Combat.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1977!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 14 April 1977 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar: American actress.
- Rob McElhenney: American actor.
- Chandra Levy: American missing person, a pretty dark-curly-haired political intern who was last seen on 4/30/2001, 7:30 PM, with her last email sent on 5/01/2001, 10:45 AM, both in Washington, DC, after which time, she disappeared without a trace.
- Marie Robertson
- JD McPherson: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Sarah Gellar: American actress, star of the TV series "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," which premiered on 3/10/1997, 9:00 PM, New York.
- Nate Fox: American basketball player (d. 2014).
- Martin Kaalma: Estonian footballer.
- Riekus Waskowsky: Dutch poet, dies at age 44.
- Supreme Court says people may refuse to display state motto on license
- US Supreme Court rules people may refuse to display state motto on car license.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- David Soul - Don't Give Up On Us
- Thelma Houston - Don't Leave Me This Way
- Glen Campbell - Southern Nights
- Eagles - Hotel California
- 10cc - The Things We Do For Love
- ABBA - Dancing Queen
- Natalie Cole - I've Got Love On My Mind
- Barbra Streisand - Love Theme From A Star Is Born (Evergreen)
- Atlanta Rhythm Section - So In To You
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Rich Girl
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?