Friday April 15, 1977
US date format: 4/15/1977, UK date format: 15/4/1977
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on April 15, 1977). The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was James Callaghan (Labour), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Fernanda Lessa and Lisa Bell in Rockford.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Don't Give Up On Us by David Soul.
In UK Knowing Me, Knowing You by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
3 Women, directed by Robert Altman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Changing by Liv Ullmann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ein Mann kam im August.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Boot Hill or Air-Sea Battle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 15, 1977?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 15, 1977?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- David Soul - Don't Give Up On Us
- Thelma Houston - Don't Leave Me This Way
- Glen Campbell - Southern Nights
- Eagles - Hotel California
- 10cc - The Things We Do For Love
- ABBA - Dancing Queen
- Natalie Cole - I've Got Love On My Mind
- Barbra Streisand - Love Theme From A Star Is Born (Evergreen)
- Atlanta Rhythm Section - So In To You
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Rich Girl
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Rufus Featuring Chaka Khan - At Midnight (My Love Will Lift You Up)
- Natalie Cole - I've Got Love On My Mind
- Johnnie Taylor - Love Is Better In The A.M. (Part 1)
- Rose Royce - I Wanna Get Next To You
- KC And The Sunshine Band - I'm Your Boogie Man
- The Isley Brothers - The Pride (Part I)
- Smokey Robinson - There Will Come A Day (I'm Gonna Happen To You)
- Bootsy's Rubber Band - The Pinocchio Theory
- Joe Tex - Ain't Gonna Bump No More (with No Big Fat Woman)
- The Spinners - You're Throwing A Good Love Away
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next April 15If April 15, 1977 is your birthday you're 43 years, 5 months, 14 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 6 months, 17 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on April 15, 1977?
On April 15, 1977 the day of the week was Friday.
What zodiac sign is April 15, 1977?
On April 15, 1977 the zodiac sign was Aries.
Who was the US President on April 15, 1977?
On April 15, 1977 the US President was Jimmy Carter (Democrat).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on April 15, 1977?
On April 15, 1977 the UK Prime Minister was James Callaghan (Labour).
Who was the Pope on April 15, 1977?
On April 15, 1977 Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on April 15, 1977?
On April 15, 1977 several famous people were born including, Fernanda Lessa, Theresa Andrews, Lisa Bell in Rockford.
What was the number one song in April 15, 1977?
The number one song in the week of April 15, 1977 was Don't Give Up On Us by David Soul in US and Knowing Me, Knowing You by Abba in UK.
What were the top hits on April 15, 1977?
The top hits on April 15, 1977 were Don't Give Up On Us by David Soul, Don't Leave Me This Way by Thelma Houston, Southern Nights by Glen Campbell in US and Knowing Me, Knowing You by Abba, Going In With My Eyes Open by David Soul, Red Light Spells Danger by Billy Ocean in UK.