Wednesday 14 June 2006
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Hips Don't Lie by Shakira.
In UK I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair) by Sandi Thom was in the top 5 hits.
Superman Returns, directed by Bryan Singer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Three Sheets.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Back to Stone or Contact.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 2006!
Which were the important events of 14 June 2006 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 June
- Monty Berman: British film and television producer (Born 1905).
- Violent riots in Conakry, Guinea continue. (CNN)
- Ronnie Wood of The Rolling Stones admitted to a rehabilitation clinic to undergo treatment for alcohol abuse, (Sydney Morning Herald)
- Two specimens of ''Mesozygiella dunlopi'', dating to the Early Cretaceous and the oldest known orb-weaver spiders, are discovered in amber. (BBC)
- The Islamic Courts Union captures the Somali town Jowhar from the secular warlords of the Alliance for the Restoration of Peace and Counter-Terrorism, one week after taking over Mogadishu. (BBC)
- Abu Bakar Bashir is released from prison after serving a 26 month sentence for his role in the 2002 Bali bombing. (CNN)
- State of Origin II at Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane, Australia is won by Queensland over New South Wales 30-6. This brings the 2006 State of Origin series to 1 all even after New South Wales won the first game on 24 May 2006
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 June 2006
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?