Monday 14 May 1984
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Zuckerberg and Olly Murs.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Hello by Lionel Richie.
In UK The Reflex by Duran Duran was in the top 5 hits.
The Natural, directed by Barry Levinson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Democracy by Joan Didion was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Six Centuries of Verse.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Dam Busters or Millionaire.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1984!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 14 May 1984 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Mark Zuckerberg: American computer programmer and Internet entrepreneur.
- Olly Murs: English singer-songwriter and television presenter ("The Xtra Factor").
- Adam Anderson (musician)
- Hassan Yebda
- Michael Rensing: German footballer.
- Nigel Reo-Coker: English footballer.
- Indrek Siska: Estonian footballer.
- Jessica Gates: American noted family, first grandchild of former Dallas Cowboy quarterback Roger Staubach, born to his 19-year-old daughter Jennifer.
- Gary Ablett: Jr.
- Luke Gregerson: American baseball player.
- 19th Academy of Country Music Awards: Alabama wins.
- Ashton-Tate introduces the dBase III relational database program for 16-bit IBM PC-compatible computers.
- The one dollar coin is introduced in Australia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lionel Richie - Hello
- Deniece Williams - Let's Hear It For The Boy
- Phil Collins - Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now)
- Thompson Twins - Hold Me Now
- Julio Iglesias - To All The Girls I've Loved Before
- Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
- Rick Springfield - Love Somebody
- Steve Perry - Oh Sherrie
- The Cars - You Might Think
- Kenny Loggins - Footloose
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?