Thursday 31 May 1984
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Milorad Cavic and Shekinah Jones.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Let's Hear It For The Boy by Deniece Williams.
In UK The Reflex by Duran Duran was in the top 5 hits.
Ghostbusters, directed by Ivan Reitman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Aquitaine Progression by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Six Centuries of Verse.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cybertron Mission or Loco.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 1984!
Which were the important events of 31 May 1984 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
- Milorad Cavic: Serbian swimmer.
- Shekinah Jones: Reality Star.
- Jason Smith: TV Actor.
- Nate Robinson: American basketball player.
- Andrew Bailey: American baseball player.
- Milorad Čavić: Serbian swimmer
- 57th National Spelling Bee: Daniel Greenblatt wins spelling luge
- 57th US National Spelling Bee: Daniel Greenblatt wins spelling "luge".
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- Mecklenburg Correctional Center - 6 inmates - including James and Linwood Briley escape from a death row facility, the first and only occasion this has ever happened in the US.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 31 May 1984
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Deniece Williams - Let's Hear It For The Boy
- Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
- Lionel Richie - Hello
- Steve Perry - Oh Sherrie
- Duran Duran - The Reflex
- Night Ranger - Sister Christian
- Phil Collins - Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now)
- Huey Lewis and the News - The Heart Of Rock & Roll
- Irene Cara - Breakdance
- Julio Iglesias - To All The Girls I've Loved Before
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?