Thursday 3 May 1984
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cheryl Burke .
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now) by Phil Collins.
In UK Hello by Lionel Richie was in the top 5 hits.
The Bounty, directed by Roger Donaldson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Warday by Whitley Strieber and James W. Kunetka was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Six Centuries of Verse.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Biz or ChipWits.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1984 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Phil Collins - Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now)
- Lionel Richie - Hello
- Thompson Twins - Hold Me Now
- Kenny Loggins - Footloose
- Rick Springfield - Love Somebody
- Julio Iglesias - To All The Girls I've Loved Before
- The Cars - You Might Think
- Tracey Ullman - They Don't Know
- Deniece Williams - Let's Hear It For The Boy
- Culture Club - Miss Me Blind
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?