Saturday May 14, 1983US date format: 5/14/1983, UK date format: 14/5/1983
This day in 30 sec.
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 14, 1983). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Amber Tamblyn and Anahí .
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Beat It by Michael Jackson.
In UK True by Spandau Ballet was in the top 5 hits.
WarGames, directed by John Badham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while In Search Of Excellence by Thomas J. Peters and Robert H. Waterman Jr was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching No Excuses.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cassette 50 or Fortress of the Mutant Waffles.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 May 1983
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1983!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1983 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Amber Tamblyn: American actress and daughter of actor-dancer Russ Tamblyn.
- Anahí : Mexican singer-songwriter producer and actress (RBD).
- Iveta Lutovská
- Matthieu Valverde
- Frank Gore: American football player.
- Anahi : Mexican actress and singer (RBD).
- Sarbel : English-Greek singer.
- Yaya Toure: Athlete.
- Uroš Slokar: Slovenian basketball player.
- Tom Welham: English singer and guitarist (Thirteen Senses).
- Keeley Donovan: English news and weather presenter.
- Amber Tamblyn in Santa Monica: California; actress (Emily Bowen - General Hospital).
- Uros Slokar: Slovenian basketball player.
- Mathieu Valverde: French football/soccer goalkeeper, who played for Bordeaux (2003–2009), Bologne (2009–2010), Toulouse (2010–2011), Lyon (2011–2012), Anorthosis Famagusta (2012-) and Ethnikos Achna (Loan, 2015-).
- Miguel Aleman Valdes: attorney/President of MTxico (1946-52), dies at age 80.
- She Blinded Me with Science by Thomas Dolby hits #5
- Oilers 1-Isles 5-Stanley Cup-Isles hold 3-0 lead
- Rosa Mota runs female world record 20km (1:06:55.5).
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - Beat It
- David Bowie - Let's Dance
- Greg Kihn Band - Jeopardy
- Men At Work - Overkill
- Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science
- Dexys Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- Prince - Little Red Corvette
- Laura Branigan - Solitaire
- After The Fire - Der Kommissar
Top #10 R&B songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?