Wednesday 26 October 2011
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 26, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Solomon Brown .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
Will, directed by Ellen Perry, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Man Up.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Arcania: Fall of Setarrif or Cubic Ninja.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 October 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 2011!
Which were the important events of 26 October 2011 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- Solomon Brown: American child born to parents seen on a reality television show on polygamous families, Kody Brown and his fourth wife Robyn.
- Indian superhero film ''Ra.One'', the most expensive Bollywood film to date, is released to coincide with the Hindu festival of Diwali. (BBC)
- 2011 Syrian uprising: At least 17 people are reported dead in Syria, as fighting continues between the government and opposition groups. (CNN)
- A bomb hidden in a fuel truck kills at least 5 people and injures 45 in Afghanistan's Parwan province. (AP via ''Washington Post'')
- A coroner finds that the death of British soul singer Amy Winehouse in July was caused by alcohol poisoning. (AP via ''The Australian'')
- The composite-bodied Boeing 787 Dreamliner makes its first commercial flight with All Nippon Airways, flying between Tokyo and Hong Kong. (BBC)
- Tsuyoshi Kikukawa resigns as the President and Chairman of Olympus Corporation, as financial and law enforcement bodies in Japan, the United States and the United Kingdom investigate the optical equipment company's acquisitions in recent years. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- Residents in the Mexican city of Cancún brace for Hurricane Rina, which is expected to make landfall on Thursday. (CNN)
- Turkish earthquake:
- The search for survivors of the Van earthquake in eastern Turkey enters its third day, with 459 confirmed deaths and over 1,300 injured. (''Daily Mail'')
- Turkey announces it will accept offers of aid from foreign countries to cope with the aftermath of the earthquake. (BBC)
- The Prime Minister of Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, blames the high death toll on shoddy construction. (AP via Google News)
- European Union leaders hold an emergency meeting to discuss the European sovereign debt crisis. (BBC)
- Former Goldman Sachs and Procter and Gamble director Rajat Gupta pleads not guilty to the charge of leaking confidential information to convicted fraudster Raj Rajaratnam. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- Saif al-Islam Gaddafi, son of the late Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi, is reported to be attempting to negotiate a surrender to the International Criminal Court. (''Daily Telegraph'')
- Twelve former officials in the military junta that ruled Argentina between 1976 and 1983 are given life sentences for their roles in the dirty war against political opponents, including Alfredo Astiz. (Al-Jazeera)
- Occupy Wall Street movement:
- In California, Oakland police disperse Occupy Oakland protesters, using tear gas and rubber bullets and making numerous arrests. (Reuters)
- A U.S. Marine Corps veteran is reportedly left in serious but stable condition after the Oakland clashes. (CNN)
- Brazilian Sports Minister Orlando Silva resigns following corruption allegations, but insists he is innocent. (ESPN)
- American scientists confirm that a transmissible fungus, ''Geomyces destructans'', is responsible for the white-nose syndrome that has decimated bat populations across North America since 2006. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 26 October 2011
Serie AItalian Football
- Atalanta - Inter : 1 - 1
- Cesena - Cagliari : 1 - 1
- Chievo - Bologna : 0 - 1
- Genoa - Roma : 2 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Getafe - Osasuna : 2 - 2
- Levante - Sociedad : 3 - 2
- Mallorca - Sp Gijon : 1 - 2
- Real Madrid - Villarreal : 3 - 0
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Almeria - Gimnastic : 3 - 1
- Elche - Cordoba : 0 - 1
- Huesca - Barcelona B : 0 - 1
- Las Palmas - Alcorcon : 2 - 0
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Birmingham - Leeds : 1 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- She Will - Lil Wayne Featuring Drake
- Headlines - Drake
- Ni**as in Paris - Jay Z Kanye West
- That Way - Wale Featuring Jeremih & Rick Ross
- Marvin & Chardonnay - Big Sean Featuring Kanye West & Roscoe Dash
- Wet The Bed - Chris Brown Featuring Ludacris
- Party - Beyonce Featuring Andre 3000
- Marvins Room - Drake
- Otis - Jay Z Kanye West Featuring Otis Redding
- Mrs. Right - Mindless Behavior Featuring Diggy
Top #10 Latin songs
- Promise - Romeo Santos Featuring Usher
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Taboo - Don Omar
- El Amor - Ricardo Arjona
- Rain Over Me - Pitbull Featuring Marc Anthony
- Olvidame - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO Featuring Lauren Bennett & GoonRock
- El Mil Amores - Pesado
- Di Que Regresaras - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Tu Olor - Wisin & Yandel
Top #10 Rock songs
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- The Sound Of Winter - Bush
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Tonight - Seether
- Not Again - Staind
- Paradise - Coldplay
- Make It Stop (September's Children) - Rise Against
- Bottoms Up - Nickelback
- Up All Night - Blink-182
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $41.47
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $96.20
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $76.39
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $25.12
- 1 CHF = 7.2054 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.3219 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.8765 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.599 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?