What Happened on September 14, 2006US date format: 9/14/2006, UK date format: 14/9/2006
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 14, 2006). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Owen Fielding and Connor Fielding.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK I Don't Feel Like Dancin' by Scissor Sisters was in the top 5 hits.
Dor, directed by Nagesh Kukunoor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Marley & Me by John Grogan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Underground.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Commandos: Strike Force or Army Men: Major Malfunction.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 September 2006
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 2006!
Which were the important events of 14 September 2006 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
Famous Birthdays:14 September
- U.S. Senate committee approves a bill to give more rights to ampquotterrorismampquot detainees. The White House and the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) agree that signing the bill into law would end a classified CIA interrogation program, which a recent Supreme Court ruling leaves on tenuous ground. (Wash. Times)
- U.S. Representative Bob Ney (R-Ohio) has agreed to plead guilty to federal criminal charges related to his dealings with the lobbyist Jack Abramoff according to lawyers and others with knowledge of the investigation. (New York Times News Service)
- The International Atomic Energy Agency call a United States House of Representatives committee report on Iran's nuclear capabilities ampquotoutrageous and dishonest.ampquot (Washington Post)
- The United States Department of the Interior’s Inspector General accuses the top officials at the agency of tolerating widespread ethical failures, from cronyism to cover-ups of incompetence. (New York Times)
- The Ford Motor Company and the United Automobile Workers union agree on a program that will offer buyouts and other incentives to more than 75,000 Ford workers in the United States to persuade them to leave their jobs. (New York Times)
- Amnesty International accuses Hezbollah of war crimes, in its deliberate targeting of civilians in Israel during the recent Israel-Lebanon conflict. (Amnesty)
- A partial roof collapse occurred in part of the Mahon Airport terminal building in Minorca, Spain while undergoing renovations/construction work. The collapse may have been caused by a build-up of heavy rain water. The debris temporarily trapped 20 and injured three workers (BBC)
- The African Union has endorsed an IGAD peacekeeping operation in Somalia, to be known as IGASOM. (Shabelle.net)
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in September 2006?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Pullin' Me Back - Chingy Featuring Tyrese
- Ne-Yo - Sexy Love
- Deja Vu - Beyonce Featuring Jay Z
- Shoulder Lean - Young Dro Featuring T.I.
- I Know You See It - Yung Joc Featuring Brandy 'Ms. B.' Hambrick
- S.E.X. - Lyfe Jennings
- Call On Me - Janet & Nelly
- (When You Gonna) Give It Up To Me - Sean Paul Featuring Keyshia Cole
- Money Maker - Ludacris Featuring Pharrell
- U And Dat - E-40 Featuring T-Pain & Kandi Girl
Top #10 Latin songs
- Labios Compartidos - Mana
- Ni Una Sola Palabra - Paulina Rubio
- Joan Sebastian - Mas Alla Del Sol
- Down - RKM & Ken-Y
- Pam Pam - Wisin & Yandel
- Hips Don't Lie - Shakira Featuring Wyclef Jean
- Mariano Barba - Aliado Del Tiempo
- Tengo Un Amor - Toby Love Featuring Rakim & Ken-Y
- De Rodillas Te Pido - Alegres de La Sierra
- Caile - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The Garmin Nüvi 660 is one of the first wide-screen navigation units that is also a traffic warning system and a source of entertainment. [..]
Aspiring animators on a budget may want to take a look at the latest version of Adobe’s video editing program, Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $63.61
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $84.50
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $63.60
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $36.05
- 1 CAD = 1.1205 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9445 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.8425 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.3603 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?