Friday 15 December 1961
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Annie Pujol and Reginald Hudlin.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Please Mr. Postman by The Marvelettes.
In UK Tower Of Strength by Frankie Vaughan was in the top 5 hits.
Lover Come Back, directed by Delbert Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Poly.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 December 1961!
Which were the important events of 15 December 1961 ?
- Annie Pujol: Perpignan, French TV hostess (Roue de la Fortune).
- Reginald Hudlin: Director (House Party).
- Sylvie Andrieux: French politician, member of the National Assembly of France.
- Karin Resetarits: Austrian journalist and politician.
- William "Dummy" Hoy: professional baseball player, dies at age 99.
- Adolf Eichmann convicted of crimes against humanity in Israel
- JFK visits Puerto Rico
- L J Suenens appointed archbishop of Mechelen-Brussels.
- Equal access rule in US, political parties get TV broadcasting time.
- In Jerusalem, Adolph Eichmann is sentenced to death after being found guilty of 15 criminal charges, including charges of crimes against humanity, crimes against the Jewish people and membership of an outlawed organization.
- An Israeli war crimes tribunal sentences Adolf Eichmann to die for his part in The Holocaust.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 December 1961
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Marvelettes - Please Mr. Postman
- Jimmy Dean - Big Bad John
- James Darren - Goodbye Cruel World
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Leroy Van Dyke - Walk On By
- The Tokens - The Lion Sleeps Tonight
- Bobby Vee - Run To Him
- Ferrante & Teicher - Tonight
- Sandy Nelson - Let There Be Drums
- Neil Sedaka - Happy Birthday, Sweet Sixteen
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?