Tuesday 12 December 1961
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel O'Donnell and Sarah Sutton.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Please Mr. Postman by The Marvelettes.
In UK Tower Of Strength by Frankie Vaughan was in the top 5 hits.
The Children's Hour, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Ring Of Bright Water by Gavin Maxwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Comedy Playhouse.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 December 1961!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 12 December 1961 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mas�'il (Questions) - First day of the 15th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Also see December 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kenya - Jamhuri Day: Independence Day (from Britain, 1963)
- Daniel O'Donnell: Irish singer, television presenter and philanthropist.
- Sarah Sutton
- Dale Sanderson: Canadian Football League guard (Hamilton Tiger Cats).
- Eduardo Castellanos: Venezuelan poet and astrologer.
- Andrey Perlov: Russian race walker.
- Daiun Sogaku Harada Zen: founder of Sanbo Kyodan lineage, dies at age 91.
- Ham radio satellite Oscar 1 launched with military Discoverer 36.
- Martin Luther King Jr and 700 demonstrators arrested in Albany, Georgia, USA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Marvelettes - Please Mr. Postman
- Jimmy Dean - Big Bad John
- James Darren - Goodbye Cruel World
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Leroy Van Dyke - Walk On By
- The Tokens - The Lion Sleeps Tonight
- Bobby Vee - Run To Him
- Ferrante & Teicher - Tonight
- Sandy Nelson - Let There Be Drums
- Neil Sedaka - Happy Birthday, Sweet Sixteen
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?