Sunday 31 December 1961, NewYear’s Eve
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joanna Johnson and Rick Aguilera in San Gabriel.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to The Lion Sleeps Tonight by The Tokens.
The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone, directed by Jos Quintero, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hollywood Special.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1961!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1961 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Joanna Johnson: Actress (Caroline - Bold and the Beautiful).
- Rick Aguilera in San Gabriel: California, USA; pitcher (Minnesota Twins).
- Nina Li Chi: Chinese actress.
- Nina Li: Movie Actress.
- Rick Aguilera: American baseball player and coach.
- Jeremy Heywood: English economist and civil servant
- lrma La Douce closes at Plymouth Theater NYC after 527 performances
- 1st performance of Beach Boys
- Beach Boys play their debut gig under that name
- Marshall Plan expires after distributing more than $12 billion
- Failed coup by Syrian group in Lebanon.
- Green Bay Packers shutout New York Giants 37-0 in NFL championship game.
- US post-war Marshall Plan expires after distributing more than US$12 billion.
- Ireland's first national television station, ''Telefís Éireann'' (later RTÉ), begins broadcasting.
- ampquotBarbieampquot gets a boyfriend when the ampquotKenampquot doll is introduced.
- ''The Incredible Journey'' is published.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 31 December 1961
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Tokens - The Lion Sleeps Tonight
- Bobby Vee - Run To Him
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- James Darren - Goodbye Cruel World
- Leroy Van Dyke - Walk On By
- Joey Dee & the Starliters - Peppermint Twist - Part 1
- The Marvelettes - Please Mr. Postman
- Neil Sedaka - Happy Birthday, Sweet Sixteen
- Sandy Nelson - Let There Be Drums
- Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?