Thursday 15 August 1985
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 15, 1985). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cogie Domingo and Emily Kinney.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Shout by Tears For Fears.
In UK Into The Groove by Madonna was in the top 5 hits.
Desert Hearts, directed by Donna Deitch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while A Catskill Eagle by Robert B. Parker was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stingray.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alpha Mission or The Fairyland Story.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 August 1985
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1985!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1985 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Cogie Domingo: Filipino actor.
- Emily Kinney: TV Actress.
- Andrea Lewis: Canadian actress and singer.
- Nipsey Hussle: Rapper.
- Leah Hackett: English actress.
- Santiago Stieben: Argentinian actor.
- Richard Yardumian: US Composer (Creator Spirit), dies at 68.
- Anti-apartheid lawyer Bulelani Ngcuka marries in South Africa
- Iraqi air raid on Iran oil-island Kharg
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tears For Fears - Shout
- Huey Lewis & The News - Power Of Love
- Corey Hart - Never Surrender
- Sting - If You Love Somebody Set Them Free
- Aretha Franklin - Freeway Of Love
- Paul Young - Everytime You Go Away
- John Parr - St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)
- DeBarge - Who's Holding Donna Now
- Bryan Adams - Summer Of '69
- Tina Turner - We Don't Need Another Hero
Top #10 R&B songs
- Aretha Franklin - Freeway Of Love
- Debarge - Who's Holding Donna Now
- Cameo - Attack Me With Your Love
- Whitney Houston - Saving All My Love For You
- Patti LaBelle - Stir It Up
- Kool & The Gang - Cherish
- Luther Vandross - It's Over Now
- Tina Turner - We Don't Need Another Hero (Thunderdome)
- Steve Arrington - Dancin' In The Key Of Life
- Rick James - Glow
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?