Friday 15 September 1995
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ezra Reiser and Joe Fahy.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Gangsta's Paradise by Coolio.
In UK You Are Not Alone by Michael Jackson was in the top 5 hits.
Empire Records, directed by Allan Moyle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1995
while A Place Called Freedom by Ken Follett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching What a Mess.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Base Jumpers or Endorfun.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1995!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 15 September 1995 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Ezra Reiser: American noted family, the son of actor Paul Reiser and his wife Paula.
- Joe Fahy: Vine Star.
- Asami Zdrenka: Pop Singer.
- Cards shortstop Ozzie Smith sets record of 1,554 double plays
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1995 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 15 September 1995
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Kaiserslautern - Bayern Munich : 2 - 3
- Karlsruhe - Dusseldorf : 3 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Nurnberg - Duisburg : 0 - 0
- Unterhaching - CZ Jena : 2 - 0
- Sparta - Nijmegen : 3 - 1
Futbol Ligi 1Football (Turkey)
- Istanbulspor - Kocaelispor : 1 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?