Monday 28 December 1981
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elizabeth Jordan Carr and Mika Vayrynen.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Physical by Olivia Newton-John.
In UK Don't You Want Me by The Human League was in the top 5 hits.
Neighbors, directed by John G. Avildsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while An Indecent Obsession by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Airline.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Oo-Topos or The Count.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1981!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1981 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Elizabeth Jordan Carr: first American test-tube baby.
- Mika Vayrynen: Finnish footballer.
- Elizabeth Carr: First test-tube baby born in United States to schoolteacher mom whose fallopian tubes had been removed.
- David Moss: Hockey Player.
- Sienna Miller: British actress.
- Narsha : South Korean singer dancer and actress (Brown Eyed Girls)
- Khalid Boulahrouz: Dutch footballer
- Orlando Smeekes: Curaçaoan footballer
- Frank Turner: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Million Dead and Möngöl Hörde)
- Mika Väyrynen: Finnish footballer
- Allan Dwan: Canadian-born film director (Born 1885).
- Cleveland Metroparks Administrative offices move from downtown to Zoo
- Warner-Elektra-Atlantic raises price of 45 records from $1.68 to $1.98
- The first American test-tube baby (Elizabeth Jordan Carr) is born, in Norfolk, Virginia.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 December 1981
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Olivia Newton-John - Physical
- Foreigner - Waiting For A Girl Like You
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Let's Groove
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)
- Rod Stewart - Young Turks
- Quarterflash - Harden My Heart
- Diana Ross - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Stevie Nicks - Leather And Lace
- Journey - Don't Stop Believin'
- Lindsey Buckingham - Trouble
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?