Sunday 16 March 2008
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nahla Aubry .
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Love In This Club by Usher.
In UK Mercy by Duffy was in the top 5 hits.
The Voyeur, directed by Tinto Brass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Reason For God by Timothy Keller was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching 17 - o poveste despre destin.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blitz: The League II or Dragon Ball: Origins.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 2008!
Which were the important events of 16 March 2008 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Nahla Aubry: American child of noted parents, she is the daughter of actress Halle Berry and Gabriel Aubry.
- Ola Brunkert: Swedish session drummer for ABBA (Born 1946).
- G David Low: American astronaut (Born 1956).
- John Hewer: English actor (Born 1922).
- Gary Hart: American politician, a handsome and charismatic presidential candidate whose campaign lasted 26 days after he withdrew over his alleged affair with actress-model Donna Rice.
- Daniel MacMaster: Canadian singer-songwriter (Bonham) (d. 2008).
- Bill Brown: Australian cricketer (Born 1912)
- American investment bank Bear Stearns, 5th largest on Wall Street, is bought by JP Morgan Chase for $2 per share, a total of $236 million. In mid-2006, Bear Stearns was worth $200 per share. The Federal Reserve also provides a US$30 billion loan, and announces it will directly loan to other investment banks and brokers.
- 2008 unrest in Tibet:
- The Central Tibetan Administration government in exile reports 80 confirmed deaths. (BBC News)
- Subprime mortgage crisis:
- The Australian Government announces that the wreck of the German auxiliary cruiser ''Kormoran'' has been found off the coast of Western Australia. The ship sank after a battle in 1941. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- At the 2008 National People's Congress, Wen Jiabao is elected as Premier for another five years term. (Xinhua)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 16 March 2008
Serie AItalian Football
- Atalanta - Empoli : 4 - 1
- Cagliari - Torino : 3 - 0
- Fiorentina - Genoa : 3 - 1
- Inter - Palermo : 2 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Anderlecht - Roeselare : 5 - 0
- Mechelen - Genk : 2 - 2
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Leverkusen - Nurnberg : 4 - 1
- Werder Bremen - Wolfsburg : 0 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Greuther Furth - Koblenz : 0 - 1
- Hoffenheim - Erzgebirge Aue : 1 - 0
- M'gladbach - St Pauli : 1 - 0
- Munich 1860 - Mainz : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?