Tuesday 25 March 2008
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Love In This Club by Usher.
In UK Mercy by Duffy was in the top 5 hits.
The Voyeur, directed by Tinto Brass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Appeal by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ramzor.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Armand and the Foppish Hat or Burning Wheels.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 2008!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 25 March 2008 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 March
- Liechtenstein recognizes Kosovo as an independent state. (Government of Liechtenstein)
- French President Nicolas Sarkozy says he might boycott the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympics if China continues its crackdown in Tibet. (Reuters)
- Adam Air Flight 574: A final report finds the 102 on board died when pilots preoccupied with an instrument failure did not realise the 737 was descending out of control. (Xinhua) (Wikinews)
- Iraq War: Heavy fighting rages in Basra as thousands of Iraqi troops battle Shia militants. (BBC News)
- The Tibetan government in exile estimates that the death toll in the 2008 unrest in Tibet is approximately 140. (AP via ''The International Herald Tribune'')
- In Sitka, Alaska a man with a knife kills four people and seriously injures one other before being subdued by police. (ADN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 25 March 2008
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- York - Northwich : 1 - 1
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Stirling - Dunfermline : 2 - 3
- St Johnstone - Clyde : 1 - 2
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- East Stirling - Dumbarton : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?