Saturday 29 March 2008
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jade Thompson .
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Love In This Club by Usher.
In UK Mercy by Duffy was in the top 5 hits.
The Voyeur, directed by Tinto Brass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Age Of American Unreason by Susan Jacoby was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Red vs Blue: Recollection Trilogy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts or Blast Works: Build, Trade, Destroy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 2008!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 29 March 2008 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Jade Thompson: American child born into a noted family.
- Thirty-five countries and over 370 cities join Earth Hour for the first time.
- Sixteen Shiite militiamen are killed in airstrikes supporting Iraqi government forces during the Battle of Basra (2008). (AP via Google News)
- Libby Trickett of Australia sets a new world record (21.28 seconds) for the 50 metres freestyle at the selection trials for the Australian swimming team at the 2008 Summer Olympics. (AFP via Google News)actual date: March 28 not March 29
- Zimbabweans vote in the presidential and parliamentary elections. (Reuters)
- Cities around the world participate in Earth Hour, an international event that asks households and businesses to turn off their lights and non-essential electrical appliances between 8-9pm local time. (Reuters via Yahoo! News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 29 March 2008
Serie AItalian Football
- Cagliari - Roma : 1 - 1
- Lazio - Inter : 1 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Bergen - Gent : 4 - 0
- Charleroi - FC Brussels : 1 - 0
- Germinal - Westerlo : 0 - 2
- Lokeren - Waregem : 0 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bochum - Dortmund : 3 - 3
- Hamburg - Bielefeld : 1 - 1
- Karlsruhe - Schalke 04 : 0 - 0
- Leverkusen - Ein Frankfurt : 0 - 2
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Betis - Barcelona : 3 - 2
- Villarreal - Ath Madrid : 3 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?