Saturday 8 March 2008
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
Forgetting Sarah Marshall, directed by Nicholas Stoller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Reason For God by Timothy Keller was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Nadaniyaan.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2009 or The Incredible Hulk.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 2008!
Which were the important events of 8 March 2008 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 March
- Carol Barnes: former ITV news presenter (Born 1944).
- Debut of The Spectacular Spider-Man on TV in the US and Canada.
- Swedish Minister for Foreign Affairs Carl Bildt becomes the first foreign minister to visit Kosovo since the country declared its independence. (Ministry for Foreign Affairs)
- Police in Memphis, Tennessee make an arrest in connection with the killing of four adults and two children. (AP via Google News)
- Serbian Prime Minister Vojislav Koštunica resigns, dissolving a coalition too divided over the loss of Kosovo to carry on governing. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Voters in Malta go to the polls for the Maltese general election, 2008. (AP via ''International Herald Tribune'') hggfd
- Vietnam bans ownership of pet hamsters. (BBC News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 8 March 2008
Serie AItalian Football
- Inter - Reggina : 2 - 0
- Palermo - Udinese : 1 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Cercle Brugge - Westerlo : 1 - 0
- Dender - Mechelen : 0 - 3
- FC Brussels - Lokeren : 2 - 0
- Genk - Bergen : 1 - 2
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - Karlsruhe : 2 - 0
- Bielefeld - Schalke 04 : 0 - 2
- Duisburg - Hansa Rostock : 1 - 1
- Ein Frankfurt - Bochum : 1 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Real Madrid - Espanol : 2 - 1
- Zaragoza - Ath Madrid : 2 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?