Tuesday 16 May 1972
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christian Califano and Derek Mears.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack.
In UK Amazing Grace by Pipes & Drums & The Military Band Of The Royal Scots Dragoon Guard was in the top 5 hits.
Play It Again, Sam, directed by Herbert Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lotus Eaters.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1972!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 16 May 1972 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Christian Califano: French rugby player, a member of the French rugby team 1999, playing as pro.
- Derek Mears: American actor.
- Keith Burns: NFL linebacker (Denver Broncos - Super Bowl 32).
- Khary Payton: American actor.
- Maxime Dumoulin: Composer, dies at 79.
- Jane Blalock wins LPGA Suzuki Golf Internationale.
- The first financial derivatives exchange, the International Monetary Market (IMM), opens on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- The Chi-Lites - Oh Girl
- The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
- Joe Tex - I Gotcha
- Al Green - Look What You Done For Me
- Michael Jackson - Rockin' Robin
- The Stylistics - Betcha By Golly, Wow
- The Rolling Stones - Tumbling Dice
- Ringo Starr - Back Off Boogaloo
- Cat Stevens - Morning Has Broken
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?