Tuesday 9 May 1972
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lisa Ann and Dana Perino.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack.
In UK Amazing Grace by Pipes & Drums & The Military Band Of The Royal Scots Dragoon Guard was in the top 5 hits.
Play It Again, Sam, directed by Herbert Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Bring Me A Unicorn by Anne Morrow Lindbergh was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lotus Eaters.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Pong or Empire.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Star Map on 9 May 1972
Find out your future
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 9 May 1972 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Lisa Ann: American Pornographic Actress.
- Dana Perino: American journalist and politician 27th White House Press Secretary.
- Dan Hollander
- Torqui Campbell
- Simon Hollingsworth Australian 400 metre hurdler (Olympics-1992: 1996).
- Freeman : French hip hop artist and breakdancer.
- Megumi Odaka: Japanese actress and singer.
- Dave Barr: WLAF quarterback (Scotland Claymores).
- Daniela Silivas: Romanian gymnast and Olympic Champion.
- Dan Hollander in Royal Oak: Michigan, USA; figure skater (1996 Great Lakes champion).
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- Joe Tex - I Gotcha
- The Chi-Lites - Oh Girl
- The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
- Michael Jackson - Rockin' Robin
- The Stylistics - Betcha By Golly, Wow
- Al Green - Look What You Done For Me
- Aretha Franklin - Day Dreaming
- Ringo Starr - Back Off Boogaloo
- America - A Horse With No Name
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?