Thursday 25 May 1972
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Antonio Lang and Tony Ronaldson in Adelaide.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Oh Girl by The Chi-Lites.
In UK Amazing Grace by Pipes & Drums & The Military Band Of The Royal Scots Dragoon Guard was in the top 5 hits.
Play It Again, Sam, directed by Herbert Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Empire.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1972!
Which were the important events of 25 May 1972 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
- Antonio Lang: NBA forward (Cleveland Cavaliers).
- Tony Ronaldson in Adelaide: South Australia; basketball forward (Olympics-1996).
- Octavia Spencer: American actress.
- Barbara Schulz: French stage and film actress of German descent, she was nominated for the Cesar of best promising actress and for the Moliere.
- Karan Johar: Indian director, producer, writer, actor.
- Heavyweight Joe Frazier KOs Ron Stander
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Chi-Lites - Oh Girl
- The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- Al Green - Look What You Done For Me
- Sammy Davis Jr. - The Candy Man
- Cat Stevens - Morning Has Broken
- The Rolling Stones - Tumbling Dice
- Joe Tex - I Gotcha
- Dr. Hook - Sylvia's Mother
- Commander Cody & His Lost Planet Airmen - Hot Rod Lincoln
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?