Thursday 4 May 1972
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gretchen Ulion and Marc Lamb.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack.
In UK Amazing Grace by Pipes & Drums & The Military Band Of The Royal Scots Dragoon Guard was in the top 5 hits.
Play It Again, Sam, directed by Herbert Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lotus Eaters.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Pong or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 4 May 1972 ?
- Star Wars day, "May the 4th be with you" pun on "May the force be with you"
- Republic of China - Literary Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- International Firefighters' Day.
- Saint Ladislaus of Gielnow
- People's Republic of China - Youth Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- Blessed Catherine of Park
- Saint Judas Cyriacus
- Saint Florian
- Saint Godehard
- Saint Monica of Hippo (d. 387)
- Saint Ethelred
- Saint Silvianus
- Saint Titianus
- Saint Willerik
- Saint John Houghton, Saint Robert Lawrence, Saint Augustine Webster, Saint Richard Reynolds, and Saint John Hale; all put to death in 1535.
- Saint Malou
- The Netherlands - Remembrance of the Dead.
- Gretchen Ulion: Ice hockey forward (USA, Olympics - 1998).
- Marc Lamb: WLAF T (London Monarchs).
- Ethan Watts in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; volleyball middle blocker (Olympics-1996).
- Chris Tomlin: American musician.
- Mike Dirnt: American musician (Green Day).
- Manny Aybar: Dominican baseball player
- Edward Calvin Kendall: American chemist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (Born 1886).
- Vietcong forms revolutionary government in Quang Tri, South Vietnam.
- The Don't Make A Wave Committee, a fledgling environmental organization founded in Canada in 1971, officially changes its name to ''Greenpeace Foundation''.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- Joe Tex - I Gotcha
- The Stylistics - Betcha By Golly, Wow
- Michael Jackson - Rockin' Robin
- Aretha Franklin - Day Dreaming
- America - A Horse With No Name
- The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
- Jackson Browne - Doctor My Eyes
- Al Green - Look What You Done For Me
- Ringo Starr - Back Off Boogaloo
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?