Tuesday 16 November 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Amelie Bourne .
In that special week of November people in US were listening to What's My Name? by Rihanna.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, directed by David Yates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Confession by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Edwardian Farm.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 or Chip 'N Dale: Rescue Rangers.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 2010!
Which were the important events of 16 November 2010 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Amelie Bourne: English child of noted parents, singer 'Rachel Stevens and Alex Bourne.
- An anti-tank mine explodes under a truck in Battambang province of Cambodia, killing all 14 people aboard. (Zee)
- A suspected US missile attack on insurgents in the village of Bangi Dar in the North Waziristan region of Pakistan kills at least 15. (AP via ''Houston Chronicle'')
- Iran started a 5-day air defense drill, claimed by its government to be the biggest drill of its kind ever. The drills are held near its nuclear facilities. (Reuters)
- Clarence House announces the engagement of Prince William and Catherine Middleton, to be married next year. (BBC)
- The Beatles release their back catalogue on iTunes. (''The New York Times'')
- UNESCO adds traditional dishes of France and Mexico to the Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity at a committee meeting in Nairobi, the first time cuisine is added to the list. (BBC)
- New York archbishop Timothy Dolan is voted president of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. (''The New York Times'')
- Facebook announces that it will launch a new messaging platform, providing an email address of [email protected] (Xinhua)
- ExxonMobil says a raid by Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, a militant Nigerian group, has eliminated 45,000 barrels a day of production of natural gas liquids and condensates. (Reuters)
- The death toll from the 2010 Haiti cholera outbreak passes 1,000. At least one man is shot dead by United Nations peacekeepers after allegedly opening fire on the peacekeepers. (BBC)
- The death toll from the collapse of an apartment building in the Indian capital New Delhi rises to 66 with the search for victims continuing. (Xinhua)
- Authorities in Shanghai arrest four people for unlicensed welding following the 2010 Shanghai fire. (''Al Jazeera'')
- Nigeria reports Iran to the United Nations Security Council over the seizure of a shipment of weapons. (BBC)
- Detainees at the Villawood Immigration Detention Centre in Sydney, Australia, go on a hunger strike following the suicide of an Iraqi detainee. (AAP via the ''Daily Telegraph'')
- Thailand extradites suspected Russian arms dealer Viktor Bout to the United States to face terrorism charges. (AP via ''Minneapolis Star-Tribune'')
- British author Alan Shadrake is jailed for six weeks in Singapore for contempt of court. (''The Guardian'')
- President Herman Van Rompuy predicts the possible collapse of the European Union but then says ampquotI'm very confident we will overcome thisampquot. (''The Guardian'')
- Taoiseach Brian Cowen addresses Dáil Éireann ahead of a meeting of EU finance ministers, saying Ireland has not applied for financial support from the European Union. (RTÉ)
- The United States House Committee on Standards of Official Conduct finds Charlie Rangel guilty of multiple violations of House of Representatives rules. (CNN)
- The President of the United States Barack Obama presents a Medal of Honor, the highest United States military decoration to Staff Sgt Salvatore Giunta at the White House. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?