Monday 12 April 1926
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Umberto Marzotto and Jane Withers.
Lightning Hutch, directed by Charles Hutchison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 April 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1926!
Which were the important events of 12 April 1926 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Umberto Marzotto: Italian entrepreneur who was a textile manufacturer with a family industrial company.
- Jane Withers: American actress who starred as a bratty little kid who was mean to Shirley Temple in a 1934 film.
- James Hillman: American psychologist, author and collaborator with Joseph Campbell on "Revisioning psychology.
- Thomas Mayfield: American bluegrass singer and guitarist, mostly known for being a member of the Bill Monroe and Bluegrass Boys band during the 1950s.
- Dutch Catholic Radio Broadcast (KRO) forms.
- By a vote of 45–41, the United States Senate unseats Iowa Senator Smith W. Brookhart and seats Daniel F. Steck, after Brookhart had already served for over one year.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- My Castle in Spain - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Song of the Vagabonds - Dennis King