Wednesday 17 January 1996
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Caitlin Sanchez and Sebastian Villalobos.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to One Sweet Day by Mariah Carey.
In UK Earth Song by Michael Jackson was in the top 5 hits.
From Dusk Till Dawn, directed by Robert Rodriguez, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Final Judgment by Richard North Patterson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The House.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Marvel Super Heroes: War of the Gems or Bass Masters Classic: Pro Edition.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1996!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1996 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
Famous Birthdays:17 January
- Giles William Playfair: Writer, dies at 85.
- Robert Covington: drummer/singer, dies at age 54.
- Barbara Charline Jordan: American politician, dies at age 59 (born 1936).
- Charles Henry Madge: poet writer/sociologist, dies at age 83.
- John Adrian Hope: politician/businessman, dies at age 83.
- Amber Hagerman: American namesake of the Amber Alert system (Born 1986)
- Mostafa Sid Ahmed: Sudanese singer (Born 1953)
- Barbara Jordan: American attorney, politician and educator featured on Time magazine cover as one of 12 Women of the Year 1/05/1976. One of only two blacks and six women to enroll in Texas So. University Law School, she graduated 84th in her class of 250. After practicing law in Houston, 1960-67, she found her true calling of politics during the 1960 Kennedy-Johnson campaign. She entered Democratic politics in the Texas Senate, 1967-72, becoming the first black woman to be elected to that body and entered the U
- The Czech Republic applies for membership of the European Union.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 17 January 1996
- Golden State Warriors - Minnesota Timberwolves : 88 - 98
- Houston Rockets - Denver Nuggets : 120 - 112
- Indiana Pacers - Atlanta Hawks : 93 - 102
- Milwaukee Bucks - Philadelphia 76ers : 111 - 100
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Hearts - Celtic : 1 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?