Tuesday June 17, 2003
US date format: 6/17/2003, UK date format: 17/6/2003
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see zodiac on June 17, 2003). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to 21 Questions by 50 Cent.
In UK Bring Me To Life by Evanescence was in the top 5 hits.
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, directed by Jonathan Mostow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Saaya.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 2nd Super Robot Wars Alpha or Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 17, 2003?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- United States troops shoot dead two former Iraqi soldiers who were protesting that they had not been paid since their country was occupied.
- Following an international outrcy, the Romanian government retracts an official statement that no holocaust occurred on its territory during the Second World War.
- Linus Torvalds announces that he will take a leave of absence from his job at Transmeta to work full-time at OSDL on the Linux kernel.
- Same-sex marriage in Canada: The Canadian government announces that it will not appeal the Ontario appeals court ruling that permitted same-sex marriage. Instead, Prime Minister Jean Chrétien indicates that his government will introduce legislation to change the definition of marriage but protect the rights of churches to decide which marriages they will solemnize.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 17, 2003?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Evanescence - Bring Me To Life
- R Kelly - Ignition Remix
- Busta Rhymes & Mariah Carey featuring The Flipmode Squad - I Know What You Want
- S Club - Say Goodbye / Love Ain't Gonna Wait For You
- XTM & DJ Chucky Presents Annia - Fly On The Wings Of Love
Top #5 R&B songs
- Monica - So Gone
- Lil' Kim Featuring 50 Cent - Magic Stick
- 50 Cent Featuring Nate Dogg - 21 Questions
- Fabolous Featuring Mike Shorey & Lil' Mo - Can't Let You Go
- Beyonce Featuring Jay Z - Crazy In Love
Top #5 Latin songs
- Ricky Martin - Tal Vez
- Alexandre Pires - Amame
- Enrique Iglesias - Para Que La Vida
- Mana - Mariposa Traicionera
- Marco Antonio Solis - Tu Amor O Tu Desprecio
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
What news were making the headlines those days in June 2003?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $38.31
- Apple AAPL: opens at $18.41
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $25.64
- General Electric GE: opens at $31.42
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $84.95
- 1 USD = 118.14 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.3365 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.3082 CHF
- 1 EUR = 139.61 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.7001 GBP
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on June 17, 2003?
On June 17, 2003 the day of the week was Tuesday.
What zodiac sign is June 17, 2003?
On June 17, 2003 the zodiac sign was Gemini.
Who was the US President on June 17, 2003?
On June 17, 2003 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on June 17, 2003?
On June 17, 2003 the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Who was the Pope on June 17, 2003?
On June 17, 2003 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
What was the number one song in June 17, 2003?
The number one song in the week of June 17, 2003 was 21 Questions by 50 Cent in US and Bring Me To Life by Evanescence in UK.
What were the top hits on June 17, 2003?
The top hits on June 17, 2003 were 21 Questions by 50 Cent, Get Busy by Sean Paul, Magic Stick by Lil' Kim in US and Bring Me To Life by Evanescence, Ignition Remix by R Kelly, I Know What You Want by Busta Rhymes & Mariah Carey featuring The Flipmode Squad in UK.