Friday 27 June 2003
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to This Is The Night by Clay Aiken.
In UK Bring Me To Life by Evanescence was in the top 5 hits.
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, directed by Jonathan Mostow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Beyond Belief by Elaine Pagels was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Boarding House: North Shore.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing C.A.T.: Cyber Attack Team or Dino Crisis 3.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 June 2003!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 27 June 2003 ?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 June
- David Newman: American jazz saxophonist.
- The United States National "Do Not Call Registry" is formed to combat unwanted telemarketing calls and administered by the Federal Trade Commission, enrolling almost three-quarters of a million phone numbers on its first day.
- In Nashville, Tennessee, General Motors holds the Official Corvette 50th Anniversary Celebration, over two days. About 10,000 Corvettes and 18,000 people attend. Special cars on hand include the Tiger Shark, XP-880 Astro II, 1963 Monza SS, Astro I, 1969 aluminum Reynolds Corvette EXP 040, 1973 Aerovette, CERV III, CERV IV, C5-R #50 Le Mans race car, LT1 Spyder Concept, ASC Sting Ray III, and Corvette SS. Two raffle draws raise US$700,000 for the National Corvette Museum.
- The United States Federal Trade Commission opens the National Do Not Call Registry. This registry gives consumers an opportunity to limit the telemarketing calls they receive. On October 1, 2003, when the National Do Not Call Registry became enforced, most telemarketers were required to remove the numbers on the registry from their call lists. See
- The Boston Red Sox establish a new Major League Baseball record by scoring 10 runs before recording their first out of the game against the Florida Marlins in Boston. Marlins pitcher Kevin Olsen was injured by a line-drive hit and taken to a local hospital, where he was admitted in good condition. The Red Sox beat the Marlins, 25–8.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Evanescence - Bring Me To Life
- R Kelly - Ignition Remix
- Busta Rhymes & Mariah Carey featuring The Flipmode Squad - I Know What You Want
- Say Goodbye / Love Ain't Gonna Wait For You - S Club
- XTM & DJ Chucky Presents Annia - Fly On The Wings Of Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?