Monday 15 June 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 15, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bruce DalCanton and Jonathan Raban.
Jackass Mail, directed by Norman Z. McLeod, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 June 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1942!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1942 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Jonathan Raban: Author.
- Bruce DalCanton: Baseball player.
- Tony Coelho: (Rep-D-California, 1979- ).
- Xaveria Hollander [DeVries]: Surabaya, Indonesia -- Auth (Happy Hooker).
- John E McLaughlin: American former Deputy Director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).
- Ian Greenberg: Canadian broadcaster founded Astral Media.
- John McLaughlin: American diplomat.
- Peter Norman: Australian track star (Born 1942).
- Vera Figner: Writer.