Tuesday May 17, 2005
US date format: 5/17/2005, UK date format: 17/5/2005
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see zodiac on May 17, 2005). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Hollaback Girl by Gwen Stefani.
In UK Lonely by Akon was in the top 5 hits.
Cinderella Man, directed by Ron Howard, was one of the most viewed movie released in 2005
while The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom was one of the best selling book.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Yakuza or God of War.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 17, 2005?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- See more
- Kuwaiti women are granted the right to vote.
- Guantánamo Bay Qur'an desecration allegations: The Bush Administration suggests that to undo "damage" caused by the story, Newsweek explain the process by which their story alleging Qur'an desecration, which sparked riots leading to 17 deaths, came into being. (NYTimes)
- U.S. authorities detain Luis Posada Carriles, a CIA-linked anti-Castro militant, considered a terrorist by Cuba. (Financial Times)
- George Galloway, British MP and anti-war campaigner, appears before the United States Senate to defend himself against charges that he profited from Saddam Hussein's regime, launching a tirade against the senators who had accused him and attacking the war in Iraq. (BBC) (Guardian Unlimited) (The Times Online)
- See more
American actor, an accomplished...
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 17, 2005?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #5 R&B songs
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $53.50
- Apple AAPL: opens at $35.14
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $25.31
- General Electric GE: opens at $36.10
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $73.93
- 1 USD = 107.4 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.2644 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.2244 CHF
- 1 EUR = 135.41 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.6869 GBP
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on May 17, 2005?
On May 17, 2005 the day of the week was Tuesday.
What zodiac sign is May 17, 2005?
On May 17, 2005 the zodiac sign was Taurus.
Who was the US President on May 17, 2005?
On May 17, 2005 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on May 17, 2005?
On May 17, 2005 the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Who was the Pope on May 17, 2005?
On May 17, 2005 Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people died on May 17, 2005?
Famous people died on May 17, 2005 include, Frank Gorshin.
What was the number one song in May 17, 2005?
The number one song in the week of May 17, 2005 was Hollaback Girl by Gwen Stefani in US and Lonely by Akon in UK.
What were the top hits on May 17, 2005?
The top hits on May 17, 2005 were Hollaback Girl by Gwen Stefani, Oh by Ciara, We Belong Together by Mariah Carey in US and Lonely by Akon, (Is This The Way To) Amarillo by Tony Christie featuring Peter Kay, Signs by Snoop Dogg featuring Charlie Wilson & Justin Timberlake in UK.