Friday 19 October 1906
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Patrick Carraher and David Harker.
while The Fighting Chance by Robert W. Chambers was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1906!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1906 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Patrick Carraher: Scottish homicide perpetrator, he was charged with murder on August 13, 1934.
- David Harker: American medical researcher, scientist, chemist, crystalographer, who according to the New York Times was "a pioneer in the use of X-rays to decipher the structure of critical substances in the life process of cells".
- Georges Chemenceau succeeds Sarien Premier of France
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1906 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- There Never was a Girl Like You - James McCool
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?