Friday 19 October 1906
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 19, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Patrick Carraher and David Harker.
Target Practice, directed by Richmond Riedel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 October 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1906!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1906 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Patrick Carraher: Scottish homicide perpetrator, he was charged with murder on August 13, 1934.
- David Harker: American medical researcher, scientist, chemist, crystalographer, who according to the New York Times was "a pioneer in the use of X-rays to decipher the structure of critical substances in the life process of cells".
- Georges Chemenceau succeeds Sarien Premier of France