Wednesday 17 November 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Brandon Read and Chopper Read.
In UK My Son My Son by Vera Lynn was in the top 5 hits.
The Last Time I Saw Paris, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while No Time For Sergeants by Mac Hyman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Howdy Doody.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1954!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 17 November 1954 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Mark Brandon Read: Australian criminal.
- Chopper Read: Australian criminal and author (d. 2013).
- Kevin James: American porn actor (d. 1990).
- Yitzhak Lamdan: Russian-born Israeli poet and columnist (Born 1899).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?