Monday 29 November 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joel Coen and Dominique Richard.
In UK My Son My Son by Vera Lynn was in the top 5 hits.
The Bridges at Toko-Ri, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while No Time For Sergeants by Mac Hyman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Galerie der großen Detektive.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1954!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 29 November 1954 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Joel Coen: Minneapolis, Minnesota -- Actor / dir (Spies Like Us, Barton Fink).
- Dominique Richard
- Steve Rogers: Australian rugby league footballer (d. 2006).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?