Monday 15 May 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Claude Annoux and Brian Hartley.
It's a Wonderful World, directed by W.S. Van Dyke II, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Disputed Passage by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1939!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 15 May 1939 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Jean-Claude Annoux: French singer-songwriter, who wrote the songs 'Aux jeunes loups' (1965) and 'Touristes.
- Brian Hartley: Mathematician.
- Barbara Hammer: American filmmaker in the genre of experimental films and a professor at European Graduate School in Saas-Fee.
- Dorothy Shirley: English high jumper and educator.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?