Monday 15 May 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 15, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Claude Annoux and Brian Hartley.
Wolf Call, directed by George Waggner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 May 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1939!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1939 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Jean-Claude Annoux: French singer-songwriter, who wrote the songs 'Aux jeunes loups' (1965) and 'Touristes.
- Veruschka von Lehndorff: Model.
- Brian Hartley: Mathematician.
- Barbara Hammer: American filmmaker in the genre of experimental films and a professor at European Graduate School in Saas-Fee.
- Dorothy Shirley: English high jumper and educator.