Friday 28 November 1980
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lisa Middelhauve and Stuart Taylor.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Lady by Kenny Rogers.
In UK The Tide Is High by Blondie was in the top 5 hits.
Flash Gordon, directed by Mike Hodges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Manchu by Robert Elegant was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ireland: A Television History.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Firebird or Sea Battle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1980!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1980 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kenny Rogers - Lady
- Barbra Streisand - Woman In Love
- Donna Summer - The Wanderer
- Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
- Diana Ross - I'm Coming Out
- Leo Sayer - More Than I Can Say
- Stevie Wonder - Master Blaster (Jammin')
- John Lennon - (Just Like) Starting Over
- Neil Diamond - Love On The Rocks
- Cliff Richard - Dreaming
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?