Saturday 24 October 1942US date format: 10/24/1942, UK date format: 24/10/1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on October 24, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Douglas Dunn and Michael Crichton.
Went the Day Well?, directed by Alberto Cavalcanti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 October 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1942!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1942 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Michael Crichton: Author.
- Douglas Dunn: Poet.
- Anita Roddick: Businesswoman.
- Frank Delaney: Irish novelist, journalist and...
- Ruthann Aron: American politician.
- Stephen Bloom: English physician and academic.
- Maggie Blye: American actress.
- Ian Collins: Australian footballer and coach.
- Don Francis: American epidemiologist and virologist.
- Don Gant: American singer-songwriter and producer...
- Rafael Santiago: Puerto Rician politician 132nd Mayor of...
- Fernando Vallejo: Colombian biologist and author.
- 2nd day of battle at El Alamein: British infantry