Tuesday May 18, 2004
US date format: 5/18/2004, UK date format: 18/5/2004
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see zodiac on May 18, 2004). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Burn by Usher.
In UK F**k It (I Don't Want You Back) by Eamon was in the top 5 hits.
The Chronicles of Riddick, directed by David Twohy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2004
while Worse Than Watergate by John W. Dean was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Salem's Lot.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Acky's XP Breakout or EverQuest II.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 18, 2004?
- Sonia Gandhi declines the post of Prime Minister of India. (BBC)
- Preliminary field tests suggest that the shell found near Baghdad on May 15 contained about four liters of the chemical agent sarin, which attacks the nervous system. (New York Times/AP) (Fox News) (Seattle Post-Intelligencer)
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict: Israel launches a large offensive against the city of Rafah dubbed Operation Rainbow, cutting it off from the rest of Gaza. Amnesty International has called on Israel to stop and accused it of committing war crimes by its destruction of more than 3,000 Palestinian homes in Israel and the occupied territories since the intifada began three and a half years ago. (Independent) (Democracy Now!) (AFP)
- The International Olympic Committee selects London, Madrid, Moscow, New York City, and Paris as finalists to host the 2012 Summer Olympics. The winner will be announced on June 6, 2005. (AP) (BBC)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 18, 2004?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #5 R&B songs
Top #5 Latin songs
- Luis Fonsi - Abrazar La Vida
- Rey Ruiz - Creo En El Amor
- Marco Antonio Solis - Mas Que Tu Amigo
- Paulina Rubio - Te Quise Tanto
- Franco de Vita - Tu De Que Vas
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $43.05
- Apple AAPL: opens at $26.97
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $25.70
- General Electric GE: opens at $30.05
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $86.08
- 1 USD = 114.13 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.3906 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.2839 CHF
- 1 EUR = 136.34 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.6762 GBP
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on May 18, 2004?
On May 18, 2004 the day of the week was Tuesday.
What zodiac sign is May 18, 2004?
On May 18, 2004 the zodiac sign was Taurus.
Who was the US President on May 18, 2004?
On May 18, 2004 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on May 18, 2004?
On May 18, 2004 the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Who was the Pope on May 18, 2004?
On May 18, 2004 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people died on May 18, 2004?
Famous people died on May 18, 2004 include, Elvin Jones, Serge Turgeon, Vladislav Terzyul.
What was the number one song in May 18, 2004?
The number one song in the week of May 18, 2004 was Burn by Usher in US and F**k It (I Don't Want You Back) by Eamon in UK.
What were the top hits on May 18, 2004?
The top hits on May 18, 2004 were Burn by Usher, I Don't Wanna Know by Mario Winans, Yeah! by Usher in US and F**k It (I Don't Want You Back) by Eamon, FURB (F U Right Back) by Frankee, My Band by D12 in UK.